Saturday, January 26, 2008

Spontaneous

Occasionally, great joy can be derived from mundane acts, just because they are done in a different context.

My best moment this entire week was making a spontaneous decision to eat my lunch at 11:45 one day, and then sitting down on the side of the road and munching on turkey ham sandwiches.....the traffic went by, people stared.....I noticed how two struggling trees looked like sole survivors of a race imprisoned by the concrete buildings and flyover....and to top it off, two women with bundles of flowers came to sit next to me and started making garlands...the scent, in the midst of all the dust and pollution, was heavenly....and I could rejoice in eating turkey while people are so hung up on the bird flu.

A beautiful moment.....and made everything worthwhile.

2 comments:

The Walrus said...

well put...i so agree with that. sometimes the smallest of things can give you such joy!

RAP said...

I guess that's why "These are a few of my favourite things"...the Sound of Music Song....talked about such little commonplace things. :-)